Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Thirteenth Post / Costume Week

Halloween is not much celebrated in Russia. Is foreign idea, brought to Russia in nineties. Many in Moscow try to ban Halloween, and I am understanding why; Russia is cold, with many ghosts and demons all the time. Halloween is invitation to evil, but Russia is having enough already, so why ask more?

Now I am in America, I am understanding Halloween more. Is not day of evil; is day of parties and costumes. Still, Russia is not needing Halloween; in Russia, every day is Halloween without costumes. Why must we dress for drinking?

I am finding, more and more, American concept "fun". Suitemate Chaz says doing for "fun" is also doing for "hell of it". I am trying to do things for hell of them, so I will be dressing this year.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Be meeting Cosmonaut Vladimir. Good to meet you.

-Vlad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home